Ami Hinamori (日奈森 亜実, Hinamori Ami) is Amu's little sister.
Ami is innocent and pure-hearted so she can see Guardian Characters, despite the fact that she doesn't have one. Unlike Amu, Ami's mother dresses her in "Sweet Lolita" clothing. She is a fan of Utau Hoshina, and is seen most of the time trying to sing Utau's songs. Though sometimes a handful, she looks up to her sister very much.
She is present during Amu and Utau's confrontation, and plays a part in helping Utau remember what motivated her to become a singer in the first place.
Sometimes, when Amu went to hang out, Ami plays 'Investigation Game' with Ran, Miki, and Su.
- Name: Ami Hinamori
- Birthday: March 21
- Blood Type: O
- Sign: Aries
- Age: 3-5 years old
Powers and abilities
Despite the fact that she lacks a Guardian Character, she can see them very easily due to her pure heart.
- In the anime television series, Ami is voiced by Kurumi Mamiya.
- Amu Hinamori - Ami's older sister
- Tsumugu Hinamori - Ami's father
- Midori Hinamori - Ami's mother
- Shuu Hinamori - Ami's (and Amu's) cousin
- Ami always calls the Guardian Characters Shugoi Chara, meaning "Super Characters".
- She also calls them 'Dollies', despite their protests.
- Ami's name 亜 (a) means 'Second or 'Asia' while 実 (mi) means 'Beautiful'.
- Many times she has almost seen Ikuto in Amu's room.
- In the anime and a sidestory of the manga, Ami asked her parents to buy her a dollhouse so she could give it to Amu's Guardian Characters. (This being only to put makeup on the Guardian Characters as they sleep.)